Serdang, 27th July 2018 - Internal Audit Department has took an initiative in realizing one of UPM’s aspiration to lead in green campus sustainability among institution of higher education in Malaysia. Due to that, this department has carry out tillage for hydroponic plant by using modern technique. This idea was initiate by green sustainability project that has been proposed by UPM to all PTJ. Besides that, it is one of component in Anugerah Penafaran Bintang Pengurusan Pentadbiran UPM as well.
This department has chose to plant Pak Choy. Pak Choy is a plant that has a physical shape as cabbage. This plant also has thick and soft texture on top of the leaf. Besides getting fresh vegetable, all staff can gain benefits from this activity by releasing work pressure.
Steps for planting Pak Choy by using hydroponic concept as stated below:
1. Sowing seeds by using sponge. Make a hole on the sponge as in picture. Then put the sponge in container that consist of water. After that, put the seeds in the sponge hole as in picture.
2. Transfer the bud into plastic vase.
3. Prepare a place for hydroponic plant.
4. Use a recycle bottle to control water transmission towards the plant.
5. Process of taking care of the plant.
By : En. Wan Muhd Isam Wan Ismail
Date of Input: 12/09/2018 | Updated: 28/09/2018 | muhammad.isam
Blok F, Bangunan Sekolah Perniagaan dan Ekonomi(SPE),
Jalan Persiaran Tulang Daing,
Universiti Putra Malaysia,